Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
xijio

Default Windows 8, Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock, Carbon X1 Flickering Screens

I got this Lenovo X1 Carbon a few weeks ago and also got the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock. I have updated all of the displaylink software and all of the computers other drivers.

I've had a few issues:
1) Wireless mice do not work at all. I've discovered this is because of USB 3.0 and have begrudgingly moved to a wired mouse .
2) The displaylink screens do very weird things. They flicker between color hues. They get 'fuzzy' at arbitrary times. They flicker weirdly. Gradients look bad.
3) Sometimes the usb moues stops moving for a second

Overall my current solution works, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone in the current situation. sometimes I don't notice issues, but a lot of time random screen artifacts draw my eye and distract me.

I've attached logs.

My setup:

Laptop usb 3.0 port connected to lenovo usb 3.0 dock using the usb 3.0 cable that was supplied with the dock.

The dock has:
2 dvi monitors
1 usb mouse (front usb port)
1 soundblaster usb sound card (rear usb port)
1 telephone connected via usb (rear usb port)
1 ethernet conntectoin

Please let me know what additional things I can try to fix this, or what additional information you need me to provide.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MBJERKE-X1_20130307_115527.zip (543.1 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by xijio; 03-07-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: clarifying details
xijio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
jaredmny

Hey,
You can check my forum posting which is just a little farther down in the list... It sounds like the same problem on the same hardware. We're waiting for a driver update that hopefully fixes this problem that many users seem to have. There is a suggestion in the post that resolves the flickering, though it's at the expense of some added lag. That being said, I have no problems with my wireless mouse, either with the receiver directly connected to the docking station (rear ports) or via a USB hub.
-- Jared
jaredmny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
xijio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredmny View Post
Hey,
You can check my forum posting which is just a little farther down in the list... It sounds like the same problem on the same hardware. We're waiting for a driver update that hopefully fixes this problem that many users seem to have. There is a suggestion in the post that resolves the flickering, though it's at the expense of some added lag. That being said, I have no problems with my wireless mouse, either with the receiver directly connected to the docking station (rear ports) or via a USB hub.
-- Jared
Yeah the radio interference is a known issue as described in this whitepaper.

http://www.usb.org/developers/whitepapers/327216.pdf

I'll keep an eye on your thread and the drivers page for a fix
xijio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
jaredmny

Quote:
Originally Posted by xijio View Post
Yeah the radio interference is a known issue as described in this whitepaper.

http://www.usb.org/developers/whitepapers/327216.pdf

I'll keep an eye on your thread and the drivers page for a fix
Interesting read, thanks. That explains why I had to move the receiver from the back of the dock to the hub on my monitor (closer to mouse)... I had thought it was just a side effect of rearranging my desk, but it looks like it's something a little more insidious. I guess Lenovo needs to add some shielding!
jaredmny is offline   Reply With Quote