Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
dhodgin

Default Latest displaylink drivers break lenovo dock 7.2 M1

I have an Asus Zenbook UX32VD and am using a Lenovo USB 3.0 dock since November 2012 and this think has not worked correctly since installing windows 8.

On Windows 7 it was ok with 2 attached monitors, keyboard, mouse, and 1 GB Ethernet hooked up.

As soon as I upgraded to Windows 8 it never worked properly again.

I've tried every release of the software since 6.0 and each time it gets worse and worse.

In 7.1 and 7.2 it would work for about 3-5 minutes and then start going fuzzy and it would disconnect the entire device from the machine and blank all the monitors for about 30 seconds making the windows sounds for devices disconnecting and reconnecting about 12 times in a row and then the screens would work again for maybe 45 seconds and it would cycle over and over again.

Today I installed the 7.2 M1 drivers after uninstalling the old 7.2 drivers and now when I connected the dock to my usb 3.0 port it just makes all screens go black and shows nothing and the laptop screen flickers from picture to black about 20 times then goes solid black permanently.

Once I unplug the dock the laptop screen turns back on.

I've be waiting for 4 months for the windows 8 issues to be resolved and they just get worse with every update.

Could my dock could be defective? The usb ports and Ethernet dont even work long term if I disconnect the monitors and plug one in to my laptops HDMI separately from the dock. The Ethernet will eventually disconnect as well after maybe an hour. plugging in monitors to the dock just speeds up the process of failure.

Just now as I typed this forum post I got a windows taskbar bubble saying 'USB device not recognized' and my keyboard and mouse stopped working from the dock. Every 60 seconds the keyboard and mouse stop working for about 5 seconds constantly.

Have other people been having the same problems on windows 8 with the latest 7.2 M1 update?

I had a Targus usb3.0 dock that used displaylink drivers and it never worked properly at all on windows 7. I upgraded for $60 more to this Lenovo and it worked on win7 but has not worked properly at all on win8 ever.
dhodgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
dhodgin

I have my logs generated for debugging with the Displaylink Support tool but I'm not sure which files you need posted and where. I'd rather not attach the zip file publicly it contains personal information.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
JamesH

Hi,

It's worth checking to see if there's a new version of the firmware for the USB hub in your dock - have a look at the support section of your dock manufacturer's website.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
dhodgin

Lenovo has a firmware upgrade from dec 2012 and a new driver since May 22 which included 7.2 M1. When i run the firmware it says no device attached because the device just keeps cycling through connecting and disconnecting so it cant reliably update the firmware.

Uninstalling the 7.2 M1 drivers stops the disconnects and shows a Lenovo dock in the device managed with drivers missing but the firmware upgrade wont work unless the drivers are installed.

catch 22.

I'm contacting Lenovo for a warranty return.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
sdeviller

Default Same issue

Hello,

i believe I have the same issue. We have a new Lenovo Twist, Windows 8 64bit, and Lenovo USB 3 Port replicator.

The port replicator constantly connects and disconnects, sometimes if you leave it, it will start working properly, but eventually stops again.

I have removed and re-installed all drivers for the replicator and the system.

I have already contacted Lenovo and had the port replicator replace, but same issue with new device.

Hoping somebody has some insight into this.

Thank you
sdeviller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
JamesH

Hi,

Can you attach the logs as described here:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896

Thanks,
James
Old 06-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
krisha

Same issue on Win7 x64. Described it on different thread also.

Played with several Intel USB3.0 drivers - no success.
Updated USB hub with firmware from Lenovo 2012 - no success.
Used official Lenovo drivers (little bit older than those you can get here) - no success.
Not related with any attached devices - even with none connected it is same behaviour.

On first run it works for ~20 minutes. Then looping unrecognized & reconnection.

Is my dock defective?

Will do now the debugging steps and supply you the results.

Last edited by krisha; 06-13-2013 at 04:02 PM.
krisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
krisha

attached my logs.
password I'll sent you by PM.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TRIFORCE_20130613_153333_pw.zip (4.57 MB, 2 views)
Old 06-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
JamesH

Hi,

I'm not sure what USB 3.0 host controller drivers you have tried but can you try the latest (v1.0.8.251)?

Thanks,
James
Old 06-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
krisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

I'm not sure what USB 3.0 host controller drivers you have tried but can you try the latest (v1.0.8.251)?

Thanks,
James
I tried this version and also some others. None solved the issue. In meanwhile I sent it back for replacement. Could it be that it is related to Nvidia GT650M drivers?