Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
jmontalbo

Default Samsung NP540U3C-A02UB using Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Displaylink 4300 crash

Greetings,

I tried to browse around forums but did not find any direct answer or any problem that was exactly like mine.

I bought a Plugable USB 3.0 adapter that uses the Displaylink 4300 and tried to use it on my Samsung NP5403C-A02UB notebook (Windows 8) to add a 3rd monitor but it will not work.

When I install the driver, it causes the Intel display driver to completely stop, and my laptop display shuts off completely. I am able to remote in using TeamViewer and view the desktop, and when I check out the Intel display adapter in devmgr it states that Windows stopped this device because it was reporting errors. I can then only restore picture by uninstalling the Displaylink core software and drivers completely, and restarting the machine.

Please note that this does have a HDMI out for a second monitor, but I am trying to add a third using this external video card.

I've ensured that my Intel display driver is current, and I've tried every version of the displaylink driver from 7.3 down to 6.2.

Anyone have this same issue and have any suggestions? Any replies are appreciated and thanks!
jmontalbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Please run through these steps and post the logs if the issue persists:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote