Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
derek

Default Toshiba P870 + Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 == black screen

Hi,

I have just purchased a Toshiba Dynadock 3.0 and I have plugged that into my Toshiba P870 (already in windows 8.1). With all the excitement, I am getting black screens. The monitor indicates there is signal as it is on, and I can move my mouse into the screen but it is just like black hole..

I have followed the steps to uninstall, cleanup, plug in the dock first then plug in the monitor etc., none of them works!!!!

I have also tested the dock with my wife's laptop which is running on windows 7, everything is working fine, so it must be the problem around windows 8 or the drivers in windows 8.

Toshiba P870 has two graphic cards, Intel graphic 4000 and nvidia, I got the impression that nvidia will only kick in when there is 3D need. And I am not sure whether there is any limitation on the number of displays Intel graphic card can support.

very very frustrated!

What shall I do? any advice is appreciated! thanks!

please also find the attached log files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DEREK-TOSHIBA_20131125_084557.zip (1.87 MB, 6 views)

Last edited by derek; 11-24-2013 at 08:50 PM.
derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you try upgrading the Nvidia graphics driver?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
luiset83

Seems like the commonality is NVIDIA drivers with the 7.4 M2 software. For me, 7.4 M0 still works as expected -- link here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=98

See if this works for you in the meantime... This is a temporary workaround until DisplayLink sorts out their NVIDIA bug...
luiset83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
jborland

Default Fyi

I attempted the process suggested by luiset83, but in my situation, it was not successful, so I am stuck waiting for the new drivers, which it has been indicated are due out in "mid-December".
jborland is offline   Reply With Quote