Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2016, 01:56 PM   #1
Southside

Default Error: the system could not find the file specified

I'm having an issue with a Lenovo USB3 dock plugged into a Dell Latitude laptop. Previous version 7.6 was working then stopped so decided to upgrade to 7.9M7 but this resulted in a new type of nic being detected - "Displaylink Network adpater NCM" we previously had the "Lenovo USB Ethernet" before but this new adapter and the yellow exclamation mark. The states - This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31). I've seen the fix where you remove the device and driver and then install and point to the local Displaylink folder but this gives me the error "the system could not find the file specified", interestingly enough trying to install using the inf file gives me the same error. I have tried uninstalling, using the cleaner and then installing the 7.9 M7 drivers but I still keep getting the error.

I've attached the results from what the support tool generated. Hopefully somebody can help?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip Displaylink support tool.zip (1.99 MB, 1 views)
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote