Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
JamesH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocdoc View Post
What I find strangest is that it affects a mouse which isn't even plugged in via the docking station. It has taken me a while to type this because the mouse keeps freezing and then stuttering. The other unusual thing is that my monitor calibrations keep popping back to default (especially the laptop's screen), so I have to relaunch Spyder every few minutes to reset it. I am in an industry in which having my monitors calibrated is crucial.

edit: I set it up again today and thus far, the Cintiq hasn't switched off or gone bright chartreuse. However, I have tried recalibrating it and tiny error messages keep popping up about not finding monitor 32, 1600, 1200 (and assorted other configurations/numbers). They pop up so frequently at times that the calibrator cancels itself because the message windows appear directly beneath the sensor. This just keeps getting better.
Hi,

This article may help with the mouse issue:
http://logitech-en-emea.custhelp.com...usb-3.0-device

For the other issues I really need to see the debug logs to have a chance of seeing what is happening.

Instructions on gathering them can be found here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
crocdoc
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks, James, that was extremely helpful. That first link certainly explains the mouse issue and also why it seemed to work better when I had the receiver plugged into the docking station rather than the laptop. It had nothing to do with the docking station vs laptop USB port, but simply that the USB slot I was using on the docking station was closer to the mouse, whereas previously I had it plugged into a USB sot on the far side of the laptop.

Regarding the Cintiq monitor crashes, I think I have managed to get some sort of stability in the secondary monitor (the Cintiq) while using the docking station today, as the monitor hasn't gone blank or brightly monochromatic all day, possibly the result of me putting together a complicated series of cables and adaptors so that I could plug the monitor's DVI-I fitting into the docking station's DVI-D interface, rather than using a DVI-I - HDMI adaptor and plugging the monitor into the HDMI interface (as I had previously). The HDMI plug may have a bit too much play, causing an intermittent signal, whereas DVI plugs can be bolted into place.

If it starts crashing again, I'll certainly start sending debug logs.
crocdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.