Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
Bob Vance

Default UD-3900 Proper Driver Update Protoco

I have noticed that my current UD-3900 driver (7.6.55049.0) is out of date. What is the proper way to manually update driver to 7.6 M2 http://displaylink.com/support/downloads.php? The DisplayLink manager will usually not connect to my Windows Update to update the driver. Ive read in manual that Win Update updates driver, but this is not working. When I "check for updates" using the display link manager I keep getting the message that it is unable to connect to the Win Update server. Every once in a while it will connect to some site and say that there are no updates available and that I have the most recent software. But there is a new driver for my UD-3900 Hub as I see it.

Do I overwrite the current driver or do I need to uninstall the old driver first? Any other things to do or settings to tweak before installing new driver? I have already updated my USB 3.0 Hub Firmware to version 9084.

Thanks
Bob Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

The best way to manually upgrade is to download and install the latest driver from http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php.

I think you may need to enable 'recommended updates' through the Windows Update settings to get the latest DisplayLink software:

To get recommended updates for your computer, under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote