Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
eastevenson

Default Windows 7 does not recognize monitors plugged into DisplayLink

I just bought a D3100 so that I could run 2 external monitors alongside my Latitude E7250's built-in screen to extend my desktop across all three. I successfully installed the D3100 and have gone through the basic checks suggested here - all my video, USB 3.0, and D3100 drivers are up to date. The device shows up in the Device Manager as a USB Display Adapter and hardware ID checks out.

But when I go to the Windows dialog for adjusting monitor layout/screen resolution and press Detect, it doesn't find either of the two monitors that are connected to the DisplayLink via HDMI cable.

Both monitors are detected by Windows when plugged directly into the laptop's HDMI port individually.

Diagnostics are attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DC-ESTEVENSON_20180326_200720.zip (3.66 MB, 1 views)
eastevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

Thank you very much for the logs, this is helpful.

One of the two main chips is not present on the USB so the docking station cannot start.
This is a hardware fault and I suggest you contact the seller/manufacturer to discuss a replacement.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:33 PM   #3
eastevenson

Thank you! To follow up, I did contact Dell support and after a lot of troubleshooting he shipped me a new D3100, which did work correctly! Unfortunately, after only a few hours the screens both went black and DisplayLink Manager went back to saying "No displays detected." The D3100 seemed quite warm to the touch. I tried disconnecting/depowering and reconnecting to no avail.

I reported the device defective to Amazon and had another one sent, which is again working. Hopefully this one will keep working. If it shorts out too, I think I'm going to assume the D3100 is just not capable of powering my particular laptop + screens combination for some reason, and return it for good and buy one of the higher end e-port+ docks that my company provides me in the office which has never given me any trouble.
eastevenson is offline   Reply With Quote