Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2026, 04:06 PM   #1
dickenam
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2026
Posts: 1
Angry Anker Prime / macOS Sleep/Wake Issues

Hi All,

I have an Anker Prime dock running the Display Link software pushing to 2 external monitors (Viewsonic UX3211 via straight HDMI and Dell U2722D via straight Display Port). The host is a MBP 14" with M4 Pro with Apple Magic KB and Trackpad peripherals. I run this setup with the clamshell closed.

Once the machine goes to sleep, I cannot get the monitors to wake reliably without opening the lid or reseating the cables (I do not have a problem waking the machine when the lid is open, apparently). This setup works flawlessly once I get it up and running again.

I have tried all sorts of OS power settings changes (thanks Google Gemini!) to no avail. Is it the BT peripherals? Is it shoddy HDMI cable? A setting I am missing? Pls halp.

Last edited by dickenam; 04-09-2026 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Fixed it -- Trackpad wakes it properly, keyboard does not.
dickenam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2026, 01:42 PM   #2
Szymon
DisplayLink Tech Support
 
Szymon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 344
Default

Hi,

Despite multiple attempts we were unable to reproduce this symptom. We've testing using the same setup as in the description.

I assume you are on the latest macOS 26 and DisplayLink Manager 16.0?

Regards,
Szymon
Szymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2026, 03:03 AM   #3
thaoula
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2026
Posts: 2
Default

Defintel'y having this issue.

1. It takes a long time to make the attached monitor primary when connect a MacBook Pro with the lid closed.

2. After using the monitor for a while, if you go away and comeback after laptop sleeps. Triggering the laptop to wake by keyboard / mouse will many times result in the screen waking up in a some very low resolution that cannot be resolved without taking out the cable and connecting it again.

Last edited by thaoula; 05-08-2026 at 03:09 AM.
thaoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2026, 07:11 AM   #4
Szymon
DisplayLink Tech Support
 
Szymon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 344
Default

Hi thaoula,

I believe the issue you are facing is more related to the handling your monitor while resuming from suspend. What is your monitor brand and exact model? Is it connected via HDMI or DisplayPort? If it is DisplayPort, are you able to test it via HDMI and vice versa?

Regards,
Szymon
Szymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2026, 08:29 AM   #5
thaoula
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2026
Posts: 2
Default

Hi Szymon,

Thanks for the reply.

It is an LG 49G95T and it connected via DisplayPort .. I will try HDMI.

When it was connected to my Mac directly via HDMI i never had an issue.

Regards,
Tarek
thaoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:23 AM   #6
Imran3899
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2026
Posts: 1
Default macOS 26.4.1 + Anker Prime Triple Display Dock – HDMI Display Does Not Return After S

I am experiencing a repeatable display wake issue with my MacBook and Anker Prime Triple Display Dock using DisplayLink.

**Environment:**

- MacBook Pro M4
- macOS **26.4.1 (25E253)**
- Anker Prime Triple Display Dock — model appears to be **A83B3** *(I initially read the model as A8383)*
- DisplayLink Manager **17.0.24**, currently the latest version available to me
- Main Dell monitor connected through **DisplayPort**
- Second external monitor connected through **HDMI**
- This configuration was previously working normally; the problem started recently.

**Problem:**

Both external monitors work correctly when initially connected. The problem occurs after putting the Mac to sleep.

The issue is reproducible with the following sequence:

1. Both DP and HDMI monitors are working normally.
2. Put the Mac to sleep.
3. Wake the Mac.
4. The **DisplayPort Dell monitor comes back**, but the **HDMI monitor does not wake/reconnect**.
5. Disconnect the DisplayPort cable from the Anker dock.
6. Wait approximately 10 seconds.
7. Reconnect the DisplayPort cable.
8. **Both the DP and HDMI monitors immediately work again.**

This is particularly interesting because I do **not** need to disconnect/reconnect the HDMI cable. Cycling the **DisplayPort connection causes the missing HDMI display to be detected again**.

**Troubleshooting already performed:**

I have already:

- Completely powered off/power-cycled the Anker dock
- Reset the dock
- Reinstalled DisplayLink Manager
- Rebooted the Mac
- Confirmed DisplayLink Manager is current (17.0.24)
- Tested the HDMI monitor/cable
- Tested the HDMI monitor by itself with the DP monitor disconnected

When the DP monitor is disconnected, the HDMI monitor works. I can then reconnect DP and **both displays work simultaneously**, so this does not appear to be a simple bad HDMI cable, monitor, or permanently failed dock output.

The problem specifically appears to occur during **display reinitialization after macOS sleep/wake when both displays are connected**.

The fact that disconnecting/reconnecting DP causes HDMI to immediately return makes me wonder whether there is a **DisplayLink/macOS display enumeration or handshake issue during wake**, rather than a hardware failure.

Has anyone encountered this specifically with **macOS 26.4.1 / DisplayLink Manager 17.0.24**, particularly with an Anker Prime Triple Display dock?

I would also appreciate guidance from DisplayLink on whether there are any known sleep/wake issues with this macOS/DisplayLink combination, or any diagnostic logs I can collect immediately after the HDMI display fails to return.

Thanks.
Imran3899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anker prime, bt peripherals, display port, hdmi, macos


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.