Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
qbfalco16

Default Screen stops working

I recently purchased a Kensington USB 3.0 docking station -- sd3500v. I am only hooking up one monitor through the station (with DVI to HDMI converter) and every 5 minutes or so the image on the monitor freezes.

If I have my laptop hooked up with its screen open simultaneously, it's native screen continues to function but the image on the connected monitor stays the same. I've tried powering the monitor on/off, disconnecting the monitor from the station etc. but it keeps the same frozen image.

The only thing that works is disconnecting the hub from my laptop and plugging it back in -- for another 5 minutes or so. Any advice on a fix that works longer?
qbfalco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Dan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbfalco16 View Post
I recently purchased a Kensington USB 3.0 docking station -- sd3500v. I am only hooking up one monitor through the station (with DVI to HDMI converter) and every 5 minutes or so the image on the monitor freezes.

If I have my laptop hooked up with its screen open simultaneously, it's native screen continues to function but the image on the connected monitor stays the same. I've tried powering the monitor on/off, disconnecting the monitor from the station etc. but it keeps the same frozen image.

The only thing that works is disconnecting the hub from my laptop and plugging it back in -- for another 5 minutes or so. Any advice on a fix that works longer?
Really sorry you are suffering from this. I think we may have a partial fix in the next release, but if you could attach the output from http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 it would help to narrow down the cause.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
qbfalco16

Default Here is the output

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Really sorry you are suffering from this. I think we may have a partial fix in the next release, but if you could attach the output from http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 it would help to narrow down the cause.
Hello, sorry for the delay, I have been travelling but here is the output log. The problem seems worse now, I can't get more than a minute of the screen working when I use the docking station.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TABTOP_20130316_191627.zip (363.4 KB, 2 views)
qbfalco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
kenmaglio

Default Same Problem

I as well have an issue, just purchased a Toshiba DynaDock 3.0 U.

I can't even use the dock because about 5seconds after plugging in the USB to my Surface Pro (windows 8 pro) it freezes. Then the only way to get the dock to recycle is to pull the power.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KENSURFACE_20130320_104131.zip (281.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by kenmaglio; 03-20-2013 at 02:45 PM.
kenmaglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
ZHelp

Default Dynadock Surface Pro issue

I have several Surface Pro's and Toshiba Dynadock's. Most work and I have 2 that do not. When using the DVI port on the Dynadock, the external monitor receives signal. if Extending the desktop, the external stays black and the Surface screen flashes. If setting to Mirror, the Surface screens functions normally.

All of the Surface Pro's were setup using the exact same driver set (from the same CD).

Any help is appreciated.
ZHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
JamesH

Hi,

Please attach the logs - details can be found here:http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote