Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
Stephen Hooper

Default Projector not recognized with USB3VGA on Win 7 Macbook Pro Bootcamp

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro Retina laptop with Windows 7 installed on Bootcamp.
I bought the USB3VGA device from Plugable because in Win 7 Bootcamp the machine refuses to project above 640 X 480.
When connecting the USB3VGA device to a digital LCD with the VGA cable it works perfectly but when attempting to connect to a projector the DisplayLink drivers doesn't seem to get a signal from the project and refuses to send an image (even the system tray icon won't start).
I have tried the device with multiple projectors and it won't work on any of them.
I am running the latest Nvidia drivers, the latest Win7 updates and the latest set of Bootcamp 4 drivers from Apple. Everything else on the system works perfectly.

Thanks,

Steve.
Stephen Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Everett

Default possible EDID issue?

Hi Stephen-

Jeff with Plugable Technologies here: I just wanted to suggest that the issue you're describing sounds like it could possibly be related to the USB3VGA not detecting the EDID from the projector.

A possible solution would be a shorter VGA cable to the projector. An active USB extension between the PC and the USB3-VGA instead of a long VGA cable to the projector would be the recommended setup here.

Please feel free to engage us at http://support.plugable.com or via email to support@plugable.com

I hope this is helpful!

Best wishes-

Jeff Everett
MCITP Enterprise Support Technician
Plugable Technologies

Last edited by Everett; 10-31-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: thought user message was signature
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote