Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.3 Software Release

Old 03-24-2010, 05:34 AM   #1
andrewrh3

Default Extended monitor repeatedly blurs

Anytime I am surfing the web or using web-based email, the extended screen will "un-focus" (i.e., the text will go blurry) and then "re-focus" (i.e., become clear / readable) every time I click a link or scroll down a page with my scroll wheel. I'd say the text stays blurry for 2-4 seconds before re-focusing. (I tried taking a screenshot for you, but the screenshots always paste fine, i.e., nothing is blurry.)

I just returned and bought a new dock (returned the Kensington sd300v for the Toshiba dynanock V, which also uses displaylink technology), and I have the same problem - when browsing the internet, anytime I click a link or scroll rapidly, the extended screen turns fuzzy for a few seconds before refocusing. I think it must be the software as both brands of the dock have the identical problem and are from different manufacturers. A previous (non-Displaylink) dock with the same computer and extended monitor did not have any problems. Please let me know what other information I can give you to help solve this problem.

I am using Windows 7 (64-bit). My computer, a HP dm3t, has switchable graphics - the nVidia G105M and the Intel HD integrated graphics. I have downloaded the newest drivers for my video card.

Last edited by andrewrh3; 03-24-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Wim

This is due to "Optimize for Video" being enabled in the DisplayLink GUI. If you disable "Optimize for Video", then this will not occur.

To do this, please refer to the DisplayLink manual here:

http://www.displaylink.com/filestore...rManual5.2.pdf

Thanks

Wim