Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
Wim

I'm starting to think its a hardware issue. HDMI Hotplug is used to signal to the software that there is a display connected. It sounds like this hotplug event is not getting sent to the PC, so no display is enabled.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #12
beaveyOne

Default Kensington SD3500 problem SOLVED!!

My Kensington dock is working! In Windows 8! Good grief, it's working... full USB3 speed, dual monitors, gigabit ethernet, and everything works just as it's supposed to. Turns out it wasn't necessarily a problem with the Kensington dock at all. Rather, I'm blaming Microsoft's USB 3.0 drivers for this one. I have two laptops I'm testing with this dock. Neither one worked previously with it, but the fix is similar for both:

Sony VAIO VPCSC1AFM:

This laptop has a Sandy Bridge architecture, and in Device Manager the controller showed "Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0096 (Microsoft)". I was able to download the non-Microsoft driver from Intel's web site here and install it (ignore the fact that it doesn't say "Windows 8" on that page - it works). Once I did and rebooted, the Kensington dock worked perfectly! Absolutely no problems so far. Easy.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon:

This ultrabook uses a newer Ivy Bridge architecture, and so the Renesas driver won't work. Intel makes it difficult to install their driver in Windows 8, but it can be done by following these instructions on Plugable's site. Once I did that, the ThinkPad worked with the Kensington dock, too. Again, absolutely no problems so far.

It's a huge relief for me, and hopefully things will continue to work fine. Maybe this post will help someone else out, because the problem was driving me crazy for days trying to find a solution.
beaveyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
carminus

I made these up http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2336 give them a shot. Make sure you read the readme first!

The birth place of intel usb 3 discussions http://communities.intel.com/thread/...art=0&tstart=0

Good luck.
carminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
jjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaveyOne View Post
My Kensington dock is working! In Windows 8! Good grief, it's working... full USB3 speed, dual monitors, gigabit ethernet, and everything works just as it's supposed to. Turns out it wasn't necessarily a problem with the Kensington dock at all. Rather, I'm blaming Microsoft's USB 3.0 drivers for this one. I have two laptops I'm testing with this dock. Neither one worked previously with it, but the fix is similar for both:

Sony VAIO VPCSC1AFM:

This laptop has a Sandy Bridge architecture, and in Device Manager the controller showed "Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0096 (Microsoft)". I was able to download the non-Microsoft driver from Intel's web site here and install it (ignore the fact that it doesn't say "Windows 8" on that page - it works). Once I did and rebooted, the Kensington dock worked perfectly! Absolutely no problems so far. Easy.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon:

This ultrabook uses a newer Ivy Bridge architecture, and so the Renesas driver won't work. Intel makes it difficult to install their driver in Windows 8, but it can be done by following these instructions on Plugable's site. Once I did that, the ThinkPad worked with the Kensington dock, too. Again, absolutely no problems so far.

It's a huge relief for me, and hopefully things will continue to work fine. Maybe this post will help someone else out, because the problem was driving me crazy for days trying to find a solution.
Thanks for the information. I am going to try it and let you know if it also works for me :-)

IT WORKS FINE for my ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A also!!!
It now works in USB 3.0 as it was working in USB 2.0, after having replaced the Microsoft Drivers with the Intel Drviers for Windows 7!!!
Simply need to follow these instructions on Plugable's site as stated by beaveyOne.

Thanks for your help beaveyOne :-)

Last edited by jjp; 02-11-2013 at 11:41 PM.
jjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #15
jjp

I still have my second display issue on the HDMI port, but I suppose that is a hardware issue on the Kensington docking station. I will have it changed and cross my fingers ;-)
Old 03-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #16
jjp

Default Problem with HDMI Port :-(

AFter changing the docking station for a new one, I still have the issue with the HDMI port for the second display :-(
When I plugin the HDMI cable, nothing happens at all. None of the screens flash.
Like Wim says, it's like if the event of the connection of the HDMI cable does not launch any hotplug detection or anything and the screen is not seen by the system.
It is now no longer a hardware issue, as I changed the docking station station for a new one, but there is still no way to get the HDMI port working correctly :-(

Can someone be of any help at all??!!
Wim??!!